Monday 18 July 2011

The Art of Work

For the last couple of months I have been renovating a big old farmhouse, giving the vehicle a makeover and overhaul and creating space and tools for an expanding etching press manufactory.
It's Winter, a great time for working, advancing the cause, preparing for the future.
And while working towards the better functioning of future work other work is piling up: trees need pruning and planting and gardens sorted, various preserves need making and maintenance of the home ...unfinished work crying out for attention all over the place.
It seems there are three types of work to do.
Building for the future which I am currently engaged in.
Routine and seasonal maintenance which I try to fit in.
Artwork-
Yes, I remember when I used to be an artist and here I am with an art blog with no new art work to show
This is a serious threat to my whole carefully constructed ( read dreamed, made up, wishlist, fantasy, delusion, get real, who do you think you are anyway, get yer hand off it, etc, ) philosophy of the meaning of life, in particular; my life.
Yes folks, the life of an artist!
Will he ever draw again? Where are the new paintings? The new etchings? Do we even care?
Well I'll leave those, and other pressing questions to you to sort 'cause today I am off to build a deck and hang a door and feed some horses.
And it's not raining again for the fourth day in a row, hooray!!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to show the Children next Door my Art today John. And little Max and Jack Patersons is in my Gallery! See You tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete