Friday 19 February 2010

Ballpoint Pen Drawing

I went to visit my friend Graham and his seven year old daughter Soraya this evening and found myself having a cup of tea opposite Soraya's friend Haley and found a ballpoint pen and called for paper... here is the result.
Haley said "no offense but it looks a bit weird" after I gave it to her and I told her to give it to her Mother, that her Mum might like it.
I rolled it up and Soraya found a rubber band to hold it rolled up after Graham had scanned it and emailed it to me so you could see it too.
Ballpoint pen is very unforgiving, like watercolour there is no erasing or going back but I had fun anyway.
By the time I got around to drawing the food on the plate the bacon and egg was gone, Soraya wanted me to draw the tomatoe sauce but I told her it was too hard to draw tomatoe sauce and there were only a few chips left to draw so Graham drew a fish on a scrap of paper and Soraya drew an egg on a scrap of paper and I stuck them on with a lick, like stamps, so I guess it's a collage.
Was most fun I've had for a while and I wonder why I don't draw more than I do..

No comments:

Post a Comment