Wednesday 11 November 2009

Musician Drawings

Penny 2008

Depressed and hating my own paintings I have gone back to drawing and finishing building the printmaking studio.
This feeling came upon me after the last exhibition, the last frantic deadline. I am fed up with all that.
A very welcome change was heralded by an invite to attend musician friends Penny and Paul's house warming last Saturday. They have recently purchased a few acres of orchard with house, guest house and music studio. Many musicians were there and all played in an organized out-door concert.

I drew first some plant that grew in front of where I was seated and later the star turn played, a couple who do gypsy jazz a la Stephan Grapelli and wow were they good, absolutely absolute friend... I was blown away and the charcoal pencil danced in time on the sketch book and I did the portrait above that I am very happy with and two more that are not quite but up there, you know, up there too.
Fuck Painting!! Back to graphic art and printmaking, at least for a time, a season..



No comments:

Post a Comment