Friday 14 August 2009

Stretching Canvas





Finally got the studio all tidyed up after the last exhibition and stashed away all the old second hand picture frames up in the rafters out of the way and a couple of them are too old and ugly to ever frame a drawing so I used them as frames to stretch canvas onto.
They are perfect for this as their outside edge is high, the inside tapering down, and they are strong.
Two new canvases primed and ready and they are not made in China.
New Zealand is flooded with cheap Chinese canvases and they are O.K. but have cut corners which I don't like. My canvases have folded corners on the top and bottom edges which dictates whether the canvas is portrait or landscape to hide the folds and they are primed with my own secret recipe primer which I know I can trust to last hundreds of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment